Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and focus on categories of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about.
If you do not want T3 Micro to keep you up to date with T3 Micro news and the latest information on products and services, please click the appropriate box when you register or buy products from T3 Micro, Inc. or opt out at anytime by clicking the Unsubscribe link in the footer of T3 Micro email communications.
What information we collect and how we may use it
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better products. For example:
- We may ask for your personal information when you’re discussing a service issue on the phone with an associate, participating in an online survey, registering your products, or purchasing a product.
- When you interact with T3 Micro, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the T3 Micro products you own, such as their serial numbers and date of purchase; and information relating to a support or service issue.
- We also collect information for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
- We collect information regarding customer activities on our websites. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.
- We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve T3 Micro’s products.
When we disclose your information
T3 Micro takes your privacy very seriously. T3 Micro does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
How we protect your personal information
T3 Micro takes precautions including administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The T3 Micro Online Store uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is required. To make purchases from the T3 Micro Online Store, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Netscape Navigator 3.0 or later, or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal and credit card information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. We suggest that you change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers.
Cookies and other technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. T3 Micro will not use the information collected to market directly to any person.
Our companywide commitment to your privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate these guidelines to T3 Micro employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of customers' personal information with third-parties. These businesses are required to accept such requests from customers but are only required to honor one request per calendar year. In each instance, businesses have thirty (30) days to respond to each inquiry. Each inquiring customer is entitled to receive an explanation of the categories of customer information shared and the names and addresses of the third-party businesses. In limited circumstances, customers' failure to submit requests in the manner specified will not require a response from the business.
If you are a resident of California and a current T3 Micro customer, you may be eligible to request such information from T3 Micro by sending an email correspondence noting your name, address, and email address to Customer Service (add hyperlink). Further, you must also include a request that T3 Micro provide such information to you using the following or similar text in your correspondence.
"I request that T3 Micro provide its third-party information sharing disclosures required by Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code."
This same request may be made by regular mail by sending a written communication containing the information above to:
T3 Micro, Inc.,
228 Main Street, Suite 12
Venice, CA 90278
By creating an account and continuing to use this website, you agree to be bound by the following Terms & Conditions. These Terms & Conditions affect your rights – please read the same carefully to confirm your acceptance of the same.