Notice at Collection for California Residents
Last Updated Date: April 13, 2023
This Notice at Collection is provided by T3 Micro Inc. and applies to all California residents.
We encourage you to read this notice carefully as it describes how we collect, use, and retain information that relates to you (“Personal Information”). This includes Personal Information that we collect both online and offline, including when you access or use our website (www.t3micro.com), any other applications or services that link to our Privacy Notice, or when you otherwise communicate directly with us (collectively, our “Services”).
If you have a disability that prevents or limits your ability to access this notice, please contact us at email@example.com. We will work with you to provide this notice in an alternative format.
1. Personal Information We Collect.
The types of Personal Information we collect about you depend on how you interact with us and are further described below. Please note that T3 Micro does not collect “sensitive personal information,” as that term may be defined by applicable law.
1.1. Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us.
T3 Micro collects Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us. This includes, for example, Personal Information that you provide when communicating directly with us (including when communicating with us on behalf of an organization you are affiliated with).
The categories of Personal Information that we may collect directly from you include:
- Identifiers, such as your name, physical address, email address, telephone number, contact preferences, or other similar identifiers.
- Demographic Information, such as your age (so that we can ensure you are the appropriate legal age to receive communications from us) and gender (to allow us to better communicate with you).
- Financial Information, such as credit card or debit card information that you provide when purchasing T3 Micro products.
- Profile and Account Information, including contact information, purchase information, communication preferences, your preferred hairstyle and hair length, texture, and pattern, account credentials, items in your online shopping cart and those saved for future purchases, and product reviews. Profile and Account Information also includes the information you voluntarily submit when signing up for our programs, such as the T3 Pro program.
- User Content, such as comments, product reviews, or other material that you post to our social media pages, blogs, or other forums on our Services. Please note that if you post information on public areas of the Services, that information will be collected and used by T3 Micro, other users of the Services, and the public generally. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information through the Services that allows strangers to identify or locate you or that you otherwise do not want to share with the public.
- Preferences and Feedback, such as your stated interests and information about T3 Micro products you own; feedback on product satisfaction and performance, and overall site experience; and information relating to your motivations for purchases.
- Audio and Visual Information, such as your voice and likeness as captured in photographs, video, or audio recordings, including when you leave us a voicemail, leave a product review on our website or tag us on social media that includes a photo or video of you.
- Any other information you may choose to provide.
1.2. Information We May Generate or Collect Automatically.
T3 Micro may generate or collect automatically certain types of Personal Information when you interact with us and our Services. The type of Personal Information we collect in this context may include:
- Identifiers, such as information that uniquely identifies you or the device through which you interact with our Services, such as your name, email address, username, cookie identifiers, and other unique identifiers.
- Device Information, such an information pertaining to the device through which you interact with our Services, such as your IP address, the type of device used to interact with the Services, that device’s operating system and version, MAC address, user settings, or your browser type.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, such as your browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interactions with us and our Services, which may include pages that you visited before, during, and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, products you place in your cart, and other information about how you use our Services.
- Commercial Information, such as a record of product(s) you purchased from us, including serial number(s) and date(s) of purchase.
- Geolocation Information, such as the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the Internet.
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information that we collect about you that may relate to your preferences, shopping behaviors, or other matters.
1.3. Information We Collect from Third-Party Sources.
To operate our Services and provide you with the products and services we believe that may be of interest to you, we may receive your Personal Information from the following third parties:
- Your acquaintances, such as your friends who may provide your information as a referral.
- Service Providers, such as those that assist with managing our social media platforms and strategy, including by aggregating photos posted on social media platforms that tag T3 Micro in the post.
- Business Partners, such as those that assist with facilitating our product trials and product protections; and those that enter into brand partnerships with us.
- Advertising Partners, such as partners who send us contact information for consumers who have opted in to receive marketing communications.
- Social Media Platforms, if you follow any of our brands on social media sites, for example, Meta (formerly known as Facebook), Instagram, or Twitter, we may collect personal information when you communicate or interact with us within the social media sites. We think it is important to point out that if you make a post on a social media site, such as on Meta or Instagram, or identify us in your social media feed by tagging us using a hashtag (#) or “at” (@), your personal information may be publicly available and is subject to the privacy policies of those social media sites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of any third-party sites you visit to understand the data collection and practices of those third parties.
The types of Personal Information we may collect from these third-party sources include:
- Identifiers, such as name, telephone number, postal or email address, and social media identifiers.
- Audio and Visual Information, such as your voice and likeness as captured in photographs, including when you tag us on social media that includes a photo or video of you.
- Commercial Information, such as information about the products you have purchased from us and how much you spent.
- User Content you post or make available online, such as your social media posts or publications.
2. How We Use Personal Information.
We use Personal Information for a variety of purposes, including to conduct our business and to provide you with the best products, services, and experiences possible. We know transparency is important so below are the ways we use Personal Information.
- To provide you with access to our websites, including to service your accounts, and maintain the security of the websites.
- To provide you with our products and services, including to fulfill your orders, process your payments, facilitate trial programs, and assist you with any transactions relating to your purchase (e.g., returns or exchanges).
- To respond to or notify you, including when you place an order, reach out to us with a comment, request, or question, enter a contest or sweepstakes, complete a survey, to let you know when an order is ready, or to let you know an item is back in stock.
- To personalize your experiences with us, including to remember your interests and preferences, customize the products and services we share with you, and to track and categorize your activity and interests on our website
- For research and analytical purposes, including to understand how you use our websites, how you shop with us, the methods and devices you use to access our websites, and to make improvement to our websites
- For marketing and advertisement purposes, including to send you marketing and advertising communications tailored to your interests and more general in nature.
- To manage any programs we offer or utilize, including any loyalty programs (such as My T3 Rewards), T3 Pro Program, and our at-home trial program, Stylist Affiliate Program, and Publisher Affiliate Program.
- For our business purposes, including to operate and improve our business and business activities, for research, to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; to understand your satisfaction with our products and services including our websites; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our Services; and for any other business purpose permitted by law.
- For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety purposes, including to defend or protect us, you, our client, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; maintain the security of our clients, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
- For purposes that you have otherwise consented to, including at the time the Personal Information is collected.
3. Retention of Personal Information.
We retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in our Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. Please note that in many situations we must retain all, or a portion, of your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, to protect against fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal activity, or for another one of our business purposes.
4.Opting Out of the Selling or Sharing of Your Personal Information
Our use of Collection Technologies may be considered a “sale”/ “share” under California law. The chart below summaries the categories of Personal Information that we may sell or share through such technologies. We do not sell or share your Personal Information in any other context.
- User Content
- Device Information
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information
- Geolocation Information
- Audio and Visual Information
You can opt out of the selling or sharing of your Personal Information by clicking the “Your Privacy Choices” link at the bottom of our website and selecting your preferences, or by broadcasting an Opt-Out Preference Signal, such as the Global Privacy Control (GPC) (on the browsers and/or browser extensions that support such a signal). To download and use a browser supporting the GPC browser signal, click here: https://globalprivacycontrol.org/orgs. If you choose to use the GPC signal, you will need to turn it on for each supported browser or browser extension you use. Please note that even after opting out, your use of our websites may still be tracked by us or our service providers.